B°NU was birthed from the frustration over the overpriced and unsatisfactory quality of produce at local supermarkets. Fueled by the conviction to spread the awareness and appreciation of passionate and quality-driven artisanal producers, B°NU aims to support producers whose core desire is to create the best produce the land can offer.
Shalom’s first foray into wines began at an age of seventeen when he drank his first bottle of Chardonnay. His thirst for wines and desire to uncover its secrets has compelled him to travel and live in various wine regions around the world. Through rigorous study and time spent learning from the masters of the wine world, he developed an acute palate to identify wines before they become fully recognised. His international wine experience, which includes doing vintages in Austria, Australia and Italy as well as working for an Italian wine export company, has gifted him with the knowledge to source for palate-pleasing wines. He believes small producers deserve a chance to communicate their passion and commitment.
- Certified Sommelier (Court of Master Sommeliers)
- Wines & Spirits Education Trust Diploma
- Masters in Food Culture & Communications (University of Gastronomic Science)
*Credit Marc Nair Photography www.mackerel.life/braised-wine-is-living-energy
Johann was born in Belgium and grew up in both Munich and Sardinia. His experiences abroad have imbued him with a German meticulousness and Italian warmth. Having developed a strong interest in design and photography from a young age, he started a firm with a friend that provided advertising for small businesses on Sardinia. Upon obtaining a Bachelor's in Design and Art, he interned as an industrial photographer and worked in various roles for the Red Bull’s Formula 1 team before moving on to obtain his Masters in Food Culture & Communications from the University of Gastronomic Science (UNISG). Through his professional experience, he has developed expertise in design/packaging, and food sourcing. He is passionate about artisanal winemakers and food producers because of their commitment to work hard to put high-quality food and wines with soul on our tables.
- Dipl.-Des. in Design and Arts (Free University of Bolzano)
- Masters in Food Culture & Communications (UNISG)
Mission & Services
How do we bring joy to people one sip at a time?
- We create positive feelings and meaningful experiences from the time of selection to the last drop in the bottle.
- We curate a well-selected catalogue of drinks that are good, true to the source and fair.
- We show people that they don't have to be an expert to enjoy what they are drinking.
- Customized wine bottles with personal labelling
- Handcrafted wine & olive oil supply and distribution
- Educational sensory workshops on wines & olive oil
- Wine socializing & networking Training programs
- Gastronomy event planning and organizing
- Personalized sommelier services
- Restaurant / Café Beverage list and service consultancy
- Kitchen furniture & wine cellar Architecture